CETL Summer 2020 Professional Development
New opportunities and resources in support of Fall 2020 teaching are under development and will be posted here on Monday, July 13, 2020. Meanwhile, explore the on-demand resources immediately below or scroll down to "Teaching Resources."
Save the date for Fall Faculty Workshop: Thursday, August 13, 2020 from 10:00am - 12:00pm.
Register for Nationally Broadcast Webinars
- “REMOTE: The Connected Faculty Summit”: July 13-14, 2020 - Hosted by Arizona State University, this is a showcase of best practices, techniques, and tools. Attendees can access 80+ curated sessions of 30 minutes over two 4-hour days.
- Teaching Online, On Campus, or Anywhere Without Losing Your Mind": July 29, 2020 - Hosted by Best Teachers Institute, w/ Eric Mazur, Mindy Maris & Ken Bain.
UNI Resources for Remote Learning
- Information on COVID-19 and updates on UNI Response
- UNI Forward Together
- Professional Development Opportunities for Faculty -- Summer 2020
- IT-ETMS -- Remote, Teaching, Learning, and Working [Learn about the UNI tools available to you.]
- CDE -- Professional Development: Online Course Design and Teaching
- Rod Library -- Remote Resources for Library Users
- Installing Microsoft Office on a Personal Computer (free for UNI students, faculty, and staff)
- "Are you Prepared?" [presentation by Jason Vetter to CBA faculty, 3/13/20]
- Shared Resources from UNI Community Members [Submit any items you would like to add to this folder to email@example.com.]
An Extensive Virtual Community
Advice Guides from The Chronicle
- "Moving Online Now: How to Keep Teaching During Coronavirus"
- “How to Be a Better Online Teacher”
- “How to Give Your Students Better Feedback with Technology”
- “How to Make Smart Choices About Tech for Your Course”
Remote Learning Classroom Models
- Classroom models: flipped, blended, and more
- Active Learning in Hybrid and Physically Distanced Classrooms
- Structures for flex classrooms: pros, cons, and pedagogical choice
- Plenaries from AAC&U’s June 2020 Institute on Truth, Racial Healing & Transformation Campus Centers
- On-Demand Webinar Series from AAC&U on “Quality, Equity, and Inclusion during the COVID Crisis”
Discipline-Specific Examples of Remote Learning Activities
- Online Science Simulations and Laboratory Resources
- Collection of Online Teaching Resources, searchable by discipline